- Country: Nepal
- Trip grade: moderate
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Day Hiking
- Accommodation: No
- Meals: Lunch
- Maximum altitude: 2782m
- Group size: 1 pax and above
- Best Season: All year
"The Flower Hills" Phulchowki itself simplifies the Beauty of itself. It is located in 2780 m height and at the southeast of 14 to 15 km far from the surrounding of Kathmandu Valley. In terms of bird watching and vegetation, it is a very popular destination for hiking. The hiking is quite difficult but the view is wonderful for nature lovers.
Its surrounded by different flowers like the national flower of Nepal"Rhododendron". The forest is dense with hundreds of birds. At the top of the hill, you can see the shrine named "Phulchoki Mai" with covered by prayer flag.
July and August full moon days some festivals can be seen and March April can see religious festivals too. And can see Annapurna and Gaurishankar Himalayan Range can be seen at the time of clear weather. Its most popular destination of the day hiking in Kathmandu Nepal.
- 6:30 am visit in front of Mission Himalaya Treks And Expeditions Office
- 6:45 Departure from the office and drive around 14 to 15 km around 1 hour driving to the Godavari depends on traffic.
- 7:45 Tea time and buy water and last minute shopping for hiking.
- 8:45 In the entrance of Phulchoki register your name and pay entrance fees and start the hike.
- 1:00 pm Reach on the top (2780 m) view numerous mountains like Gaurishankar and Annapurna Range
- Lunch break half hour (Noted that there are not a good hotel just 1 army canteen you can buy some snacks and drinks)
- 1:30 Hike down same point to the Godavari
- 4:30 Catch your private car to back to Kathmandu and drop you to your hotel.