Tsum Valley permits:
Manaslu and Tsum valley is the restricted region trekking in Nepal. To enter Manaslu Conservation Area and Tsum Valley you need special trekking permit and at least a guide for certified trekking agency In Nepal. Minimum 2 person are required to trekking in this reason. The permits for Manaslu and Tsum Valley are as follows:
Manaslu Trekking Permits: (Manaslu permit)
Trekking peak season (September, October, and November) – US$ 70.00 per person for the Beginning first week and US$ 10.00 per day thereafter all day.
Other times except for peak season – US$ 50.00 per person for the beginning first week and US$ 7.00 per day thereafter all the respective days.
Tsum valley Trekking permit(Tsum Valley permit)
The peak season for trekking From September, October and November US$35 for the first 8 days.
From December to August US$25 for first 8 days.
The permit fee issue by Tourism Board Bhrikutimandap and goes to the Ministry of Immigration. In addition, you must have both the Manaslu Conservation Area Project(MCAP) and Annapurna Conservation Area Project(ACAP) permits which are contributions to the National Trust for Nature Conservation which manage both of these areas. If you are only visiting Tsum valley trek and not crossing the Manaslu Larkya La pass, then you will not need the ACAP permit.
Manaslu Conservation Area Project (MCAP) permit – Rs. 3,000
Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permit – Rs. 3,000
Nepal Visa Information:
International tourist for entering to Nepal can be obtained a visa from the Nepalese Embassies or Consulate offices in respective countries. At the point of entry from the Immigration Office at the Tribhuvan International Airport for the tourist arriving by air(arrival Visa) and tourist arriving by road can obtain visa at the immigration offices at the border of India and China as well. The government has also revised the existing tourist visa fee from 2019 AD. As per the new fee structure:
• US $ 30.00 or equivalent foreign currency for 15 Days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.
• US $ 50.00 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 Days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.
• US $ 125.00 or equivalent foreign currency for 100 days Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.
Likewise, the government has also revised the fee required to extend days of stay and visa renewal. As per the revised fee structure, Tourist Visa can be extended by paying the US $ 2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day. Multiple Entry facility can be obtained only for the extension period by the additional US $ 20 and visa fee for the extended period. Similarly, tourists can renew their visa by paying Nepalese currency equivalent to the US $ 3 on the regular visa extension fee.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
• Children below 10 years
• Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen is eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa 'On Arrival'.
• Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
• Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from the Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Nontourist visa extension can be done only at Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).
• Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
• In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as of late fine.